I’ll confess, am no chocoholic… I never have been. I hardly ever crave chocolate, or go out and buy a chocolate bars. And I cannot stand chocolate flavoured ice cream. Believe me, I have tried! I have tried every brand I could find, same verdict… I just don’t like chocolate ice cream. BUT give me chocolate in cake form and I’ll eat it to the last crumb! I will have a brownie any day, anytime, anywhere! I seriously love brownies, hard-ish on the outside, perfectly moist and soft on the inside, plus they are so easy, and fast to make.
Here is my brownie go-to recipe, Imani loves them and the Man as well. Give it a try 😉
115g butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 tsp good quality vanilla extract
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Icing sugar to dust
1. Pre heat the oven at 180˚C/350˚F/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a 9in baking tin
2. In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients, and make a well in the centre.
3. In another bowl, using a wooden spoon, combine and mix all the wet ingredients.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
5. Pour and spread the combined mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
6. Let it cool, then cut into whatever shape you fancy… squares, rectangles, circles…whatever!
7. Dust with icing sugar
These don’t last long in my house… I probably eat half of them myself to be honest 😉 They are great for bake sales and potlucks. Served with coffee… a match made in heaven! Enjoy!