Am feeling very generous today, and so I’ve decided to write this post and dedicate it to all my friends, family, and anyone else thinking of having kids. Having my munchkins, and becoming a mum was… still is, the best and the dopest things I’ve ever done in my life!! But, truth be told, it is also one of the toughest things i’ve ever done. Heaven knows I have not a single regret! Not one! My kids have completed me, made into someone I never knew I could be. They have made me love in a way I never thought possible. And am sure my fellow mums will vouch for me when I say it the most amazing journey you will ever undertake!
BUT – yes… there is a ‘but’ – having kids comes with loads of sacrifices. Am sure you already knew that though. There are the obvious ones that everyone talks about, like financial sacrifices et cetera et cetera. However, there are a few others that not a lot of people will tell you about, but I will. Being the kind person that I am, I’ve made you a list of some of the less talked sacrifices you’ll be making when you decide it’s the right time. This list is from my own personal experience. These are 14 things that no one ever told me. Ha! Anyway, here it is… let’s call it the ‘Have kids if you hate…’ list.
Have kids if you hate…
- Having grown up conversations and actually finishing a sentence
- Having thoughts
- Not watching anything else on TV other than Peppa pig
- Eating a hot meal
- Drinking a hot cup of tea… or coffee
- Having a clean and tidy house
- Going shopping… in peace
- Going to the toilet unaccompanied
- Privacy in the shower or bath
- Walking out your front door without drama
- Not being able to use the F word… when the F word is the only appropriate word to be used
- Not having arguments with an 18 month old, or getting proper attitude from a 5 year old
So my dear, there you are, at least now you are not going in clueless, right?! 😉