Y’all need to stop what you’re doing and have a sit!!! Your gal has been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! ***applause and cheers*** Thanks to my amazing friend… and sister from another mother, Doreen over at It’s DD’s World. You guys have to check her out… she has an amazing way with words, and if you’re a naturalista, you’ll want to follow her natural hair journey. This girl is my rock! Thanks Dee xx
So what’s this Sunshine Blogger Award I hear you ask… well, I didn’t know what it was either, but thanks to miracle that’s the wide world web, I’ve since learnt that it’s an award given to bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity… and that it’s awarded by fellow bloggers… how cool is that?! Imagine how mind blown I was to receive this… just knowing that people out there are actually reading me, and getting something out of it!
The nominees for this award have a set of rules to follow, they are:
1. Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
And the questions I received were…
1. What is your country of origin?
– Am from Kenya
2. For how long have you been blogging?
Been blogging for a few months now… my official launch was in October 2017, so still a newbie.
3. Do you make new year resolutions?
No. I don’t know why… I’ve never really thought of it and am sure if I did, i’ll be awful at sticking to them 🙁
4. What is the one thing you can’t live without?
My moisturiser… no hesitation! I have terribly dry skin… it’s really bad! La-Roche Posay Toleriane is heaven sent 🙂 Otherwise I look like I have scales!
5. Have you ever had a major life changing experience? What was it?
Yes!!! Twice! Being a mum has changed the heck out of my life! I can’t go a minute without thinking about them… I live for my kids.
6. What does family mean to you?
Everything!!! Without my family, am nothing! We are a tribe… I have the most amazing and loving dad, my mama in heaven looking down on me, my step mum, my crazy siblings, my better half, my munchkins and my nephews and nieces… and I would never trade them for the world!
7. Who is your role model?
My dad and my brother, Max! These are the most hardworking and supportive men in the universe! I admire everything about them… EVERYTHING! What they’ve done past, present, and continue doing. I strive to be even a fraction as amazing as they are.
8. Are you an introvert, extrovert or ambivert?
Ambivert for sure.
9. What is your greatest struggle in life?
Sharing my worries with people I love. I feel like I would be passing them on, and this would make them worry because of my own personal issues. Am trying to work on it though… hopefully one day I’ll be able to easily open up.
10. What is your number one goal you want to achieve this year?
Grow my blog… I really am enjoying this new adventure, and can’t wait to see where it leads 🙂
11. What is your weakness?
Food! I live to eat, while other eat to live! Oh yeah… and cake!
There we have it 🙂 Thanks again Dee for the love and the nomination!
And now it’s my turn to nominate some amazing bloggers whom I’ve met in the short time that my blog has been around, these girls are doing great stuff and am enjoying following them 🙂
My nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award are ***drum roll***
- Elisha at The Excentric 3
- Diana (vlogger) at She Leaves a Little Sparkle
- Nansera at Ethereal Outlook
- Tiffany at A Mama Bear and her cub
- Lucy at Dream Love Focus Breathe
- Jana at Jane Sade
- Josephine at Better as Us
- Yasmine at Everything Yas
- Jenn at This Mommy is Real
- Aerica at Mother I’d like 2 Follow
- D’Ana Joi at Joi Knows How
And my question for the nominees are:
- What’s the number one reason you started blogging/vlogging?
- How long has your blog been around?
- What will people get from reading your blog or watching your channel?
- Twitter or Instagram or Pinterest or Facebook or Youtube? Which one do you open first thing in the morning?
- Game of Thrones or Desperate Housewives or Friends?
- What’s your go to drink?
- What’s the one thing in your handbag that’s completely useless in there, but you can never get yourself to get rid of?
- High heels or flats?
- Current favourite band/singer?
- Describe yourself in 3 words
- What advise would you give to anyone thinking of starting a blog?
And finally, I would like to thank each and every one of you for your continued support and love. I really appreciated all the messages and comments from you guys. Munchkins and Wine wouldn’t be what it is… though still young… without you. Don’t forget to check out and support my nominees… they really are worth it.